1. It could be the first band ever named after a GIF. This one specifically- http://s13.photobucket.com/user/vivouk/media/GIFs/dogonaswing-1.gif.html
2. It is the name under which Ed Ritchie records songs.
3. Ed is open to collaborating with others without the burden of being ‘in or out’ of a band. He’s currently working with a few musicians to play live and record an EP.
4. Whatever format the band is in, they play 3-minute(ish) pop(ish) songs.
5. Ed and the band are based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Its prettiness steadfastly refuses to be diminished by incessant roadworks.
6. Ed’s ‘top’ three bands are Aereogramme, Jeff Buckley, and the Dismemberment Plan. He can’t make one definitive top-five list, but the music he loves and the music he plays can be triangulated between those three acts.
7. The first Dog On A Swing gig was on 27th August 2011 at a friend’s leaving party. It was very shaky and Ed thanks those who had the patience to sit through it.
8. You’ll usually find him/them at open mics, which are great because you never know who’s going to surprise you. Ed featured at one and a free EP was made from it- http://noisetrade.com/dogonaswing/at-the-listening-room-ep
9. Dog On A Swing will play for food. You can read more about that here- http://dogonaswing.tumblr.com/willplayforfood
10. Ed’s guitar only has five strings on it. The top string broke one day while rehearsing, then he realised that it only ever got in the way. He thinks this is a kind of a metaphor for life in general.
[soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/45093346″ params=”color=fa00ff&auto_play=false&show_artwork=true” width=” 100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]