Put your headphones on, turn up the volume and let the redolent guitar intro of JAWS’ new single Cast sweep you away to another time, another place where the future beckons and hope springs eternal. The song’s dreamy qualities are subtly seductive, enhanced further by Connor Schofield’s beguiling vocals which are complimented by a soaring melody, intensifying as it extricates itself from the opening riff, elevating the track to epic proportions.
The song comes from the Birmingham band’s new album Simplicity which is now available just in time for a slew of live dates starting later in the month. The record is laden with melodic hooks and daydream sensibilities – lionised as their most accomplished and realised offering to date.
B-Town’s A-Team will be leading the charge at headline dates in Manchester (25th), London (26th) and Oxford (April 27th), as well as succession of UK Festival slots that includes Y Not Festival, Hit The North and Live At Leeds. Nottingham’s indie trio Kagoule are set to pull their weight as main tour support for JAWS headline shows.
JAWS 2017 Live Dates
- April 1st – 2Q Festival, Derby
- April 25th – Club Academy, Manchester*
- April 26th – Scala, London*
- April 27th – The Bullingdon, Oxford*
- April 28th – Hit The North Festival, Newcastle
- April 29th – Live At Leeds, Leeds
- April 30th – Handmade Festival, Leicester
- July 21st – Truck Festival, Oxfordshire
- July 28th – Y Not Festival, Derbyshire
Follow updates from JAWS here.
Review by Iain Fox | @IainFoxPhoto